Comprising of a standard dirt bike frame, engine and suspension, snowbikes simply have the wheels removed and replaced with a single ski on the front and a specially designed snowmobile-style track on the rear, making them ready for anything the mountain can throw at them.
Snow bikes, unlike the heavier & broader snowmobiles, are narrow, light, and much easier to maneuver, which lets you navigate areas normally only accessible by advanced snowmobilers, such as tree areas, and side-sloping across steeper terrain.
Our Yamaha YZ 450F race bikes are built with the top of the line Yeti Freeride 129 kits. Built with carbon fibre, titanium & aluminum, the entire snowbike weighs in at around 300lbs.
Although doubling is possible, we do not permit more than one rider per bike at a time. Doubling makes the snowbike very difficult to steer and maneuver, and increases the risk of falling, crashing and injury.
We don’t currently offer tours or guiding, but can arrange this for you with our partner snowmobile company. Let us know in advance of your booking so we can make the necessary arrangements.
Reservation: Booking can be completed online with any major credit card.
Cancellation: If you cancel more than 48 hours before your scheduled tour time, we’ll refund the full prepaid amount. If you cancel less than 48 hours beforehand, your payment will not be refunded.
*No-Show: If you are absent at the time of your booking without any prior notice, your payment will not be refunded.
We operate from the Whistler RV Park and Campground, located at 55 Hwy 99 Whistler BC.
We offer ride in – ride out access.
Alternatively we are able to deliver to your location for a fee. Delivery & Pick up are charged separately.
- Brandywine Main Parking Lot & within Whistler $50
- Pemberton & Squamish $100
Yes, we offer a basic 15 minute how to and familiarization with our Snowbikes, at no extra cost. We do offer snowbiking courses, from beginner to advanced. Please enquire for rates and info.
Extremely. It is almost like riding a traditional bike, just with a motor… and on the snow. Snowbiking has the shortest learning curve of any snow sport. Expect to be enjoying yourself on your very first ride!
- Positive / Respectful attitude
- Prior motorcycle experience preferred but not necessary
- 18 years of age minimum with prior motorized vehicle operation experience, a valid Driver’s License and adult supervision if under the age of 21
- Ability to use the throttle, clutch, shift, and brakes on a motorcycle
- Must be able to lift 175 lbs by yourself
- Endure hours in cold weather
- Able to follow complex directions (Starting procedure, stopping procedure, route plan, meeting points)
- Able to navigate backcountry terrain, and make decisions based on different snow conditions.
- Please inform us of any pre-existing medical injuries or conditions
- Have owned your own motorcycle.
- Experience in winter backcountry snowmobiling, snowboarding, or skiing
- Awareness and knowledge of avalanche terrain, and avalanche tools
We offer the following rentals:
- Helmet & Goggles – $25/day
- Avalanche Backpack Kit – $45/day
Gear you need to bring includes:
- Full Face Helmet, Moto style, no snowboarding/ski/street bike helmets
- Winter Boots (Snowmobile Boots, Snowboard Boots, or Goretex Moto boots with waterproof socks)
- Goggles 2 pairs (dual lens ski/snowboard style, single lens moto goggles will fog)
- Gloves 2 pairs (thinner pair for riding in, thick/warm pair for when you need them most)
- Warm under-layers / wool socks
- Waterproof jacket, ideally Gore Tex
- Waterproof pants, ideally Gore Tex
- Padded riding shorts (recommended)
- Knee Pads (recommended)
- Lunch / Snacks
- Spare puffy jacket for layering